[CentOS] EFI netboot to kickstart install

Tris Hoar trishoar at bgfl.org
Thu Oct 22 11:43:22 UTC 2015

On 22/10/2015 03:25, Grant Street wrote:
> Hello All
>

> Up until now we have been using standard PXE boot to do kick start installs of centos boxes. With recent machines however they come by default as EFI boot. We can set them to legacy but I would like to solve this before this option goes away.
>

> Just wondering if anyone has any experience setting up a net boot server that can be used to kickstart EFI machines?
>

> Thanks
>

> Grant

Hi Grant,

As a guess it is due to the partition scheme you are using in your
kickstart (this was the issue for me at least)
Try something like

part /boot --fstype="xfs" --fsoptions="nodev,noexec,nosuid" --size=500
--ondisk=sda
part /boot/efi --fstype="efi" --size=200 --ondisk=sda

Along with your other mount points etc.

Tris

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation