[CentOS] PHP version not enough for developers

Juan Bernhard juan at inti.gob.ar
Thu Oct 22 16:50:27 UTC 2015

El 22/10/2015 a las 01:40 p.m., Nux! escribió:
> Kai,
>
> It is a reality, but when you look at the RHEL target audience, it's not exactly hip devs deploying Docker in the cloud.
> Big corps, banks and the like have a very slow development cycle and long term support is absolutely crucial, software needs to run for years on end without glitches, without interruptions, in a very predictable manner etc.
>
> For the aforementioned devs I think the best answer are the software collections, that or just use a different distribution. It is what it is.
>

> Lucian

Lucian, they also include the newer versions. The case of banks, who
need specially PHP version 5.3, are a slim 0.01% of php users, the rest
of the mortals, like me, who needs a simple webmail like horde running,
have problems because the rest of the world is not developing any more
with php 5.3 compatibility in mind

Saludos, Juan