[CentOS] virt-manager

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Oct 22 23:41:42 UTC 2015

On 10/22/2015 4:15 PM, Nux! wrote:
> Try giving the VM a Spice display, instead of VNC, see if that helps.

no idea how to do this, I'm a total newb with KVM.

all I actually want to do is attach a USB device to my existing and
running KVM, but the instructions for doing this in virtsh are confusing
(anything that requires editing XML files tends to give me a
headache).   specifically, I want the VM 'kfat' to 'own'

Bus 005 Device 004: ID 08bb:2704 Texas Instruments Audio Codec

OK, I figured it out, I had to create a .xml file like...

<hostdev mode='subsystem' type='usb'>
         <source>
                 <vendor id='0x08bb'/>
                 <product id='0x2704'/>
         </source>
</hostdev>

and pass that to virsh attach-device vmname my.xml