[CentOS] PHP version not enough for developers

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sat Oct 24 13:07:30 UTC 2015

On 10/23/2015 03:44 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Jonathan Billings wrote:

>>> So systemd moves Linux to more resemble Windows?
>>
>> No.  If anything, systemd handles upgrades better than SysV init, since it
>> handles re-execing better.  Please stop spreading FUD.
> <snip>
> What FUD? It adds *binary* logfiles, readable only with a separate
> program; when I restart a service, it does not *tell* me what's going on,
> just worked or didn't, so I don't know, if it fails, where, the messages
> from journalctl are extremely unhelpful, and when it boots, if I want to
> watch, it tends to hide much info. It's much less informative in most ways
> in helping me solve problems.

Jesus Christ .. do we really have to start ANOTHER systemd thread.

For the sake of everyone's sanity .. if you (any user, not mark
specifically) don't want to use systemd, then please don't use CentOS-7.
 CentOS-7 contains systemd and where ever Red Hat puts it, CentOS will
rebuild the source code.

If people don't like the distro, then use something else.

These lists are for providing USEFUL information to CentOS users ..
flame threads will result in list users who are moderated.