[CentOS] semi-OT: HW

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Mon Oct 26 15:23:44 UTC 2015

Running CentOS 6.7, on an older HP DL580 G5. We've got a Dell 12-bay RAID
box plugged into a PERC H800 (aka LSI Liberator) that we put in the HP,
and that works fine. We've got a new RAID (a JetStor), and are trying to
plug it in.

The layout is that the Dell RAID is dual-pathed DAS. Each PERC has two DAS
ports. We've got the Dell RAID in the top port of each PERC. I *thought* I
could just plug the new RAID, which also has two ports, into the bottom
two ports on the PERC.

TRied rescanning the SCSI bus, /sys/class/scsi_host/host[0-5]/scan, with
no apparent sight of the new RAID. Can I do this the way I've got it, or
do I need to daisy-chain the new RAID through the old RAID?

      mark