[CentOS] ssh freezes

Michael Hennebry

hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Oct 26 17:28:24 UTC 2015

All too often, my ssh session will freeze.
I'm fairly certain the problem is at my end.
None of the tilde commands work.
In particular, ~# and ~. are nonfunctional.
I can write to ssh's terminal window from another terminal window.
If I kill the ssh process, I can ssh in again.
The next time it happens,
I will try another ssh session without killing the first one.
dmesg did not show me anything interesting.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose?

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards