[CentOS] ssh freezes

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Oct 26 17:36:48 UTC 2015

On 10/26/2015 10:28 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> All too often, my ssh session will freeze.
> I'm fairly certain the problem is at my end.
> None of the tilde commands work.
> In particular, ~# and ~. are nonfunctional.
> I can write to ssh's terminal window from another terminal window.
> If I kill the ssh process, I can ssh in again.
> The next time it happens,
> I will try another ssh session without killing the first one.
> dmesg did not show me anything interesting.
>
> Any suggestions on how to diagnose?

what OS/version are you ssh'ing from?    what version of ssh is
installed on this? [1]

what OS/version are you ssh'ing to?   what version of sshd is installed
on this? [2]

what network media is between these two hosts?  anything out of the
ordinary in the setup?

[1] rpm -q openssh-clients  - assuming this is a recent centos
[2] rpm -q openssh-server     ''    ''