[CentOS] ssh freezes

Jay Leafey jay.leafey at mindless.com
Mon Oct 26 23:27:45 UTC 2015

>> On 10/26/2015 01:28 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>>>
>>> All too often, my ssh session will freeze.
>>> I'm fairly certain the problem is at my end.
>
>>> Any suggestions on how to diagnose?

I can remember having this sort of issue a while back.  I believe it
turned out that our PIX firewall was being a bit too aggressive in
pruning what it thought were idle sessions.  Adding the following to my
~/.ssh/config file seems to have fixed it:

> ServerAliveInterval 15
> ServerAliveCountMax 3

The manpage for ssh_config describes these parameters and how they interact.

YMMV!
--
Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN
jay.leafey at mindless.com