[CentOS] OT Strange IP address on home network

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Oct 30 13:01:01 UTC 2015

Johnny Hughes wrote:

>> So I guess the strange IP address probably comes from some Lite-On device
>> somewhere in my house - maybe on the server itself, an HP MicroServer.
>> There are so many possible electronic culprits today.

> You should be able to use nmap to scan the device.

Thanks very much for the suggestion, I'll try that.

I've been surprised how much information I get from iptraf-ng,
which I only discovered recently.
I knew about "arp -a", but I'm told I should be using "ip neigh".
However, that doesn't give the name of each device on the network
(if known), as arp does.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net