[CentOS] About ecryptfs-utils

Sergio Belkin

sebelk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 22:24:21 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

I've found ecryptfs module into kernel-plus, but ecryptfs-utils is missing:

[root at centos7 ecryptfs-utils-108]# uname -r
3.10.0-229.14.1.el7.centos.plus.x86_64
[root at centos7 ecryptfs-utils-108]# lsmod | grep ecryptfs
ecryptfs               85424  0

[root at centos7 ecryptfs-utils-108]# yum -q repolist
id del repositorio                          nombre del
repositorio                                                  estado
Webmin                                      Webmin Distribution
Neutral                                               229
base/7/x86_64                               CentOS-7 -
Base                                                         8.652
centosplus/7/x86_64                         CentOS-7 -
Plus                                                            63
epel/x86_64                                 Extra Packages for Enterprise
Linux 7 - x86_64                          8.654
extras/7/x86_64                             CentOS-7 -
Extras                                                         236
updates/7/x86_64                            CentOS-7 -
Updates                                                      1.540
zfs/x86_64                                  ZFS on Linux for
EL7                                                      145
[root at centos7 ecryptfs-utils-108]# LANG=C yum -q search ecryptfs-utils
Warning: No matches found for: ecryptfs-utils

Just I wonder why these package is not included in any CentOS repo (I guess
because is not included in upstream), do you know why?

Thanks in advance!

Sergio Belkin
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org