[CentOS] Kickstarting bonded interfaces

Fri Oct 2 10:38:35 UTC 2015
isdtor <isdtor at gmail.com>

Since CentOS 6.4, anaconda supports kickstarting from bonded interfaces. Has anyone managed to get this working?

Bonding modes 1, 5, 6 work fine, and they do not need any particular support on the switch. But modes 0, 2-4 are a different story, no luck here.

network --onboot yes --device bond0 --activate --bootproto static --bondslaves=eth0,eth1 --bondopts=mode=balance-rr,miimon=100 --ip 1.2.3.4 --netmask 255.255.255.0 --gateway 1.2.3.1 --nameserver 1.2.3.99 --hostname server
network --onboot yes --device eth0 --activate

No interactive shell becomes available on vc 2, all I see logged on vc 3 is that eth0 becomes active. Then bond0 becomes active, and eth0 is de-activated, and the machine stops pinging. When a network eth1 line is added, eth1 is also tried and then deactivated.

I've had a little bit more success with 802.3ad. The machine remains pingable and I assume bond0 is online, but the install media cannot be mounted. To get there, the network ... eth0 line had to appear before the bond0 line in the kickstart file.

Any advice?