[CentOS] python setup.py ssl error

Tue Oct 6 16:00:01 UTC 2015
Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com>

Hey guys,

I'm trying to do a source install of s3cmd onto a centos 6.5 host. Because
the version in the repo is a little old.

So when I go to run the installer app with the command python2.7 setup.py
install, I'm getting the following error:

Installed /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/s3cmd-1.6.0-py2.7.egg
Processing dependencies for s3cmd==1.6.0
Searching for six>=1.5
Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/six/
Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/six/: [Errno 1]
_ssl.c:499: error:14090086:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed -- Some
packages may not be found!
Couldn't find index page for 'six' (maybe misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/
Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:499:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify
failed -- Some packages may not be found!
No local packages or download links found for six>=1.5
error: Could not find suitable distribution for
Requirement.parse('six>=1.5')

I thought this might be a proxy issue of some kind, but I have several
proxy values set in my environment:

[root at ushapld00050 s3cmd-1.6.0]# env | grep -i proxy
http_proxy=http://proxy.mycompany.com:80
https_proxy=http://proxy.mycompany.com:80
HTTPS_PROXY=http://proxy.mycompany.com:80
no_proxy=usushaplp461.mycompany.ge.com
HTTP_PROXY=http://proxy.mycompany.com:80

Can someone please give me a heads up as to how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Tim

--
GPG me!!