[CentOS] Semi-OT: torque, pbs_mom, cpuset, loglevel

Fri Oct 16 15:34:34 UTC 2015

We're running the current version of torque. On our small supercomputer
(an SGI), no updates to torque since July, but just recently - someone may
be trying something new -  /var/log/messages is on-and-off being spammed
with Oct 15 18:02:04 servername pbs_mom: LOG_INFO::create_job_cpuset,
creating cpuset for job 1971[656].york.cit.nih.gov: 1 cpus (12), 1 mems
(1)
and I mean thousands of lines. I tried to adjust the loglevel of pbs_mom,
but it appeared to make *no* change, and their "documentation" and
"manpage" simply does not describe what message level each value of
loglevel produces.

Anyone have a clue? I've been googling, and not finding anything of use.

      mark