[CentOS] Clustering and ha planning

Sun Oct 11 01:40:42 UTC 2015
Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>

The main mailing list for HA clustering in "Clusterlabs Users":

It's not strictly for any OS, but RHEL/CentOS and SUSE are probably the
most common OSes.

I might recommend starting with this:

https://alteeve.ca/w/History_of_HA_Clustering

The Linux-HA project (heartbeat) is long deprecated. The stack to learn
is Corosync + Pacemaker. As Nux mentioned, CentOS 7 is the best
platform. As you'll see in the History link above, there was a lot of
changes that happened between 2008 ~ 2013 era. Learning on any older
CentOS means you're learning an old stack, which probably doesn't make
sense outside of a few cases.

We also have an active IRC channel on #clusterlabs on freenode.net, too.
If you stop by, be sure to idle. Folks are from all over so different
people are around at different times. That said, people are good about
replying to questions when they come around.

Welcome to HA!

digimer