[CentOS] Exists some problem with cronjobs under CentOS7 (Partially solved)

Mon Oct 19 11:49:29 UTC 2015
C.L. Martinez <carlopmart at gmail.com>

On 10/14/2015 06:42 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 10/14/2015 07:09 AM, C.L. Martinez wrote:
>> Uhmm ... that is not what I expect:
>>
>> lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfsd-fuse file system
>> /run/user/1000/gvfs
>>       Output information may be incomplete.
>> COMMAND   PID USER   FD   TYPE             DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
>> systemd     1 root   27u  unix 0xffff880250ea0f00      0t0 1436 /dev/log
>> systemd-j 263 root    5u  unix 0xffff880250ea0f00      0t0 1436 /dev/log
>
> So, the obvious next step is to make sure journald isn't holding that
> socket.  That's outside my experience, but I'd imagine that you can:
>
> systemctl disable systemd-journald.service
> systemctl stop systemd-journald.service
>
> Then you'll need to restart rsyslog and verify that it owns /dev/log.
>
>> In theory, rsyslog is listenning to uxsock and imjournal:
>
> Only one process can have a socket open at a time.  Since journald holds
> /dev/log, rsyslog can't, which is why your cron log is empty.
>
>> #### MODULES ####
>> # The imjournal module bellow is now used as a message source instead
>> of imuxsock.
>> $ModLoad imuxsock # provides support for local system logging (e.g.
>> via logger command)
>> $ModLoad imjournal # provides access to the systemd journal
>
> There's no real point in using imjournal if journald isn't running.

Hi,

  First of all, sorry for this later response. I was very busy last days.

  Ok, I have solved this problem partially. First, I have changed under
journald.conf file Storage=volatile instead of Storage=none. After doing
that, logs returned but there is no error under cron.log about cronjobs,
system's jobs included. But they are not triggered.

  I have removed cronie-anacron package and I have installed
cronie-noanacron and voilà!! ... all works ok: system cronjobs and my
configured jobs ...

  I am not sure if it is a bug or some type of misconfiguration ... But
I have two Oracle Linux 7.x LXC servers using cronie-anacron package to
trigger cronjobs, and works without problems.

  Thoughts??