[CentOS] Can I force yum to only use http.

Tue Oct 20 00:55:21 UTC 2015
Leonard den Ottolander <leonard at den.ottolander.nl>

Hello Robert,

On Mon, 2015-10-19 at 21:12 +0000, Styma, Robert E (Robert) wrote:
> Various Google searches and the manual page have not shown me how to
> avoid using ftp mirrors.

When configuring your repo's using baseurl= instead of mirrorlist= you
can pin the server being used. Find a http mirror at
https://www.centos.org/download/mirrors/ or configure all hosts to use
the same FTP mirror and white list that one.

If you have many clients accessing the same mirror configuring a proxy
(proxy= in yum.conf) to cache the downloaded rpms will reduce download
time and load on the mirror you are using.

Regards,
Leonard.