[CentOS] CentOS7 - Serial Console and Flow Control

Wed Oct 21 19:32:57 UTC 2015
Mike - st257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 10:09 AM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> Mike - st257 wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 5:50 PM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> >> Mike - st257 wrote:
> <snip>
> >> determined how to have BIOS/POST, kernel, and serial console access. I'm
> >> reading up on the method to accomplish the pieces with C7.

> >> boot list.
> >> to work.

> >> file: -- removed rhgb
> >> <snip>
> >> You did take out "quiet", too?
> >
> > I did not.
> > I would expect what shows up on the VGA console to be identical on the
> > serial console.
> >
> > I'll give that a shot today.
> <snip>
> Do. That hides everything before the o/s switches root. It's *possible*
> that it's hiding where you're being prompted for the LUKS password.

I've been doing some testing now that it works and "quiet" did not hide the
LUKS passphrase prompt on the serial console. (More details in a future
message.)

I appreciate the suggestion because it very well could have. Another one of
those "shouldn't but did cause X problem" ;-)

> Personally, I'd have left / unencrypted....

While my environment is not entirely hostile, it is one where I cannot
control physical access. So while the thought crossed my mind to leave
rootfs unencrypted, I opted not to (but to encrypt!).

--
Mike