[CentOS] PHP version not enough for developers

Thu Oct 22 16:40:26 UTC 2015
Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro>

Kai,

It is a reality, but when you look at the RHEL target audience, it's not exactly hip devs deploying Docker in the cloud.
Big corps, banks and the like have a very slow development cycle and long term support is absolutely crucial, software needs to run for years on end without glitches, without interruptions, in a very predictable manner etc.

For the aforementioned devs I think the best answer are the software collections, that or just use a different distribution. It is what it is.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro