[CentOS] PHP version not enough for developers

Fri Oct 23 19:51:12 UTC 2015

On Oct 23, 2015, at 9:46 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> James B. Byrne wrote:
>>
>> I am glad to discover that I am not losing my mind.  I too have been
>> rather dismayed at the perceived increase in frequency with which I
>> must reboot my servers.  I wondered whether this was simply a
>> misconception on my part or an actual change in the environment.
>>
>> Apparently it is the later.
>
> So systemd moves Linux to more resemble Windows?

No.  If anything, systemd handles upgrades better than SysV init, since it handles re-execing better.  Please stop spreading FUD.

Most likely the glibc and openssl updates are what people are talking about.  Doesn’t require a reboot, just restarting all the services that might have those libraries loaded.