[CentOS] how to unrar

Sun Oct 25 21:26:52 UTC 2015
Scott Robbins <scottro11 at gmail.com>

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 04:04:34PM -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> I'm looking for a means to unrar some files.
> Google keeps giving references to rmpforge which I'm told I ought not use.
> Any other ideas?
> I'm running centos 6.

I see that I'm using the repoforge ones. I don't think it has any
dependencies (though I'm not sure of that).

However, if you go to pkgs.org and put unrar in the search box, you'll see
that the nux repo, which is the one all the cool kids use now, has it.

(There's also 7zip which does a similar thing, but I'm not sure if it works
on rar files.  I cover this stuff a bit on my multimedia page
		http://srobb.net/dvds.html#rar

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6