[CentOS] PHP version not enough for developers

Mon Oct 26 17:19:53 UTC 2015
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> On 10/23/2015 03:44 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> What FUD? It adds *binary* logfiles, readable only with a separate
>> program; when I restart a service, it does not *tell* me what's going on,
>> just worked or didn't, so I don't know, if it fails, where, the messages
>> from journalctl are extremely unhelpful, and when it boots, if I want to
>> watch, it tends to hide much info. It's much less informative in most ways
>> in helping me solve problems.
>>

> Jesus Christ .. do we really have to start ANOTHER systemd thread.

Yes.

> These lists are for providing USEFUL information to CentOS users ..

Let's get some information that might be useful:

Are binary logfiles an inherent part of systemd?
If so, equating systemd with the devil would seem appropriate.
My expectation is that it is not.

Is the aforementioned dearth of information an inherent part of systemd?
If so, equating systemd with the devil would seem appropriate.
My expectation is that it is not.

The evil of binary journals for people is fairly cut and dry.
If data is only for another program,
making it binary when it could easily be text is against
unix philosophy and a bad design choice, but not proof of evil.
When the data is text specifically to be read by people,
choosing to make it binary is evil and rude.

> flame threads will result in list users who are moderated.

E.g. Johhny Hughes?

What do threat posts result in?

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards