[CentOS] semi-OT: help needed w/ bareos

Ireneusz Piasecki irekpias at op.pl
Thu Sep 3 19:22:03 UTC 2015

W dniu 03.09.2015 o 17:48, m.roth at 5-cent.us pisze:
> IP wrote:

>>> Great - thanks (I'll try it when I get into work).

>>> Any clues as to whether I've got the FileSet correct - say, is the
>>> slash correct, or should it be a Linux forward slash, rather than a
>>> WinDoze backslash?
Above is evidence, that you didn't read bareos doc, as i suggested in my
early post. When you did that, you could see, that there are Linux
(Unix) slashes:

# from bareos doc

        8.5.4 Windows FileSets
        <http://doc.bareos.org/master/html/bareos-manual-main-reference.html#QQ2-1-161>

If you are entering Windows file names, the directory path may be
preceded by the drive and a colon (as in c:). However, the path
separators must be specified in Unix convention (i.e. forward slash
(/)). If you wish to include a quote in a file name, precede the quote
with a backslash (\). For example you might use the following for a
Windows machine to backup the ”My Documents” directory:

FileSet{
Name="WindowsSet"
Include{
Options{
WildFile="*.obj"
WildFile="*.exe"
exclude=yes
}
File="c:/MyDocuments"
}
} # end from bareos doc But you are smarter, so keep going ...

Irens
>> Hi.
>>
>> Maybe you should start with bareos doc ?
>>
>> http://doc.bareos.org/master/html/bareos-manual-main-reference.html#x1-1080008.5.4
>>
> Maybe I've been reading that, and it has zero suggestions for if I only
> want to back up c:\Users and the the contents. Maybe I've already *said*
> I'd been googling, and not finding enough info. Maybe I even said that in
> my first paragraph of my original post.
Yeah, you probably read bareos doc with pink glases ...