[CentOS] latest yum update messed up chrome

Wes James comptekki at me.com
Sat Sep 5 04:31:58 UTC 2015

> On Sep 4, 2015, at 9:59 PM, Wes James <comptekki at me.com> wrote:

<snip>

>> As most google-chrome users probably already know, the latest SELinux
>> updates have fixed the issue, and google-chrome once again runs with
>> SELinux at enforcing.
>>

> Thanks for the info.  Now I need to go google some pages to find out how I can log in to my box after installing ati drivers which now won’t boot to the gui.  I need to get in and remove that .rpm and I’ll probably be able to boot after that.

woo-hoo - got it. I tried different kernel boot selections and decided to select the rescue one.  It came up with a centos background then would go away from that to a screen saying there was a problem then a logout button in the middle that would do nothing.  I pressed ctl-alt-f2 and got a text based login screen and logged in and removed the fglrx*.rpm whatever I got from ati/amd. Rebooted and got a gui and logged in and then ran the yum update and chrome now works :)

Now I can update my student labs - manual login for updates is a pita grande!

-wes