[CentOS] Working with PEM content

Alice Wonder

alice at domblogger.net
Wed Sep 9 12:12:29 UTC 2015

Hi,

If I need to script some management of text files with PEM content, are
there already some tools that exist that do this safely?

e.g.

somecert.pem that might contain

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
blah blah
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
-----BEGIN DH PARAMETERS-----
more blah
-----END DH PARAMETERS-----

What I would like is a utility that can read that file, remove the DH
parameters, write new file, validate new file is valid PEM contents, and
give exit status 0 on success.

Could be done with standard scripting methods but I'm guessing a perl or
python tool already exists that won't have me hitting myself when I make
a stupid scripting mistake.

Google and Bing lately though seem to be getting harder and harder for
me to use to find that kind of stuff.

Suggestions?