[CentOS] CentOS 7.1.1503 + Dovecot + IPA

Alice Wonder alice at domblogger.net
Thu Sep 10 17:28:32 UTC 2015

On 09/10/2015 10:24 AM, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> On 2015-09-09 14:21, Mike wrote:
>> Yep, I have it working. It's been almost 6 months since I set it up so
>> don't recall many details other than it was NOT trivial :). Have only
>> used alpine and thunderbird clients, both work fine.
>
> I wonder if that means Evolution is broken.

I wouldn't be surprised, I stopped using evolution because it seemed to
frequently experience a database corruption causing it to rebuild
itself, re-downloading all the headers.

That went on for me for months, it was most prominent on my laptop but
it also happened on my desktop.

It happened in CentOS and it happened in Fedora.

So I said to hell with it, I don't want to use broken software.

That didn't involve GSSAPI though, but I wouldn't be surprised if
evolution is the problem.