[CentOS] flac/sox/etc with mp3 support?

John R Pierce

pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Sep 12 22:39:44 UTC 2015

I need to convert a bunch of .flac files to .mp3 files, but the sox and
flac command tools thats in the base repo won't do that.   EPEL doesn't
seem to have much either.    I went looking at ATRPMS but am getting
database errors from their home page :(    I know rpmforge used to have
this stuff, but its virtually unmaintained today so I've written it off.

any suggestions?  I don't really want to have to build this stuff from
source.