[CentOS] Centos 7 yum search giving Could not retrieve mirrorlist

Shawn Parks - CMAC

shawnparks at cmacmail.biz
Mon Sep 14 15:59:02 UTC 2015

Centos main list,
   I am working on a Centos 7 system and trying to do the following.

      yum search cups-lpd

I am getting the following

Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock
error was
12: Timeout on
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock:
(28, 'Resolving timed out after 30382 milliseconds')

  One of the configured repositories failed (Unknown),
  and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the
only
  safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

      1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the
problem.

      2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a
working
         upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
         distribution release than is supported by the repository (and
the
         packages for the previous distribution release still work).

      3. Disable the repository, so yum won't use it by default. Yum will
then
         just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again
or use
         --enablerepo for temporary usage:

             yum-config-manager --disable <repoid>

      4. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is
unavailable.
         Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most
commands,
         so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be
much
         slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often
a nice
         compromise:

             yum-config-manager --save
--setopt=<repoid>.skip_if_unavailable=true

Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base/7/x86_64

I am using cups on this Centos 7 machine.  Which prints fine from the
Centos to my
print queue's

However I have an Sco Unix system using lpd printing that I am trying to
send print
jobs to the Centos 7 system and those are not even getting to the
system.
   I get message: waiting on queue to be enabled

QUESTION FOR main list:
Is the Centos 7 "yum" commands being worked on?
When might this be fixed?

Thanks,
Shawn ( CMAC )
phone 618 / 242 - 4020  ext 21