[CentOS] centos 7 on older macbook pro

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Sep 14 21:16:41 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:27:32AM -0700, Keith Keller wrote:
> On 2015-09-14, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> >
> > I think xfce is part of EPEL .. I use MATE from EPEL and there is also
> > Cinnamon there.
>
> I believe you're right about xfce.  I'm so out of it I hadn't even heard
> of MATE or Cinnamon.  :)  They seem more like DEs, what are folks using
> as straight window managers?
Yes, they're DE's.  Openbox has probably replaced fluxbox as everyone's
favorite stacking window manager, and dwm is one of the better tiling ones.
As mentioned, blackbox is no longer developed at all--I know it's still
available in FreeBSD ports, but haven't installed it in years.

I believe XFCE counts as a DE too. There's also LXDE, which, as the DE
indicates, is a desktop environment, but somewhat lighter.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6