[CentOS] Logrotate problems

Andrew Holway andrew.holway at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 09:49:03 UTC 2015

Actually, doing what logrotate suggests causes other problems. We don't
have this problem on any other system so I am keen to understand the root
of the issue rather than start messing around with the default permissions
of the log directories.

logrotate only matches /var/log/nginx/*log -  /var/log/nginx/access.log &
/var/log/nginx/error.log

On the server where we have problems we have
/var/log/nginx/subdirectory/some.other.log