[CentOS] CentOS 6 - Support for CanoScan LiDE 210

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 12:22:23 UTC 2015

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 3:08 AM, Meikel <meikel at fn.de> wrote:

> scanner by a CanoScan LiDE 210.

> Installed Packages
> Name        : sane-backends
> Arch        : x86_64
> Version     : 1.0.21

> I have no idea what I can do now. It is not clear to me if sane-backends
> package really includes the required genesys 1.0-63 version.

You need sane-backends 1.0.22 or later to have genesys 1.0-63.

There are a few ways to install a newer version of sane-backends on
EL6. One is to rebuild a src.rpm from Fedora. The other is to use the
linuxtech-backports repo [1]. I have even built it from a tarball but
this should not be necessary.

If you need more assistance, let us know.

Akemi

[1] http://pkgrepo.linuxtech.net/el6/backports/