[CentOS] [OT] linux on a PPC (mac mini)

wwp subscript at free.fr
Tue Sep 29 15:47:06 UTC 2015

Hi,

thanks to all for your replies to this off-topic thread!

I succeeded in installing a 15.04 Mate Ubuntu, had to struggle a bit to
get sound, wifi and video stability (found easy fixes on the web about
these).
Still remains incorrect desktop colors (something wrong about big endian
somewhere in a lib, not fixed AFAIK), but at least I can use the
mac mini as a (slow) sound station using rhythmbox + my hifi.

Thanks again,
regards