[CentOS] SAMBA as AD DC

Fri Sep 11 12:04:44 UTC 2015
Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>

Il giorno lun, 08/09/2014 alle 20.03 +0100, James Hogarth ha scritto:
> On 8 Sep 2014 17:00, "Frantisek Hanzlik" <franta at hanzlici.cz> wrote
> >
> > Hi James, thanks for reply. It seems as at SerNet's site have
> > packages
> > for RHEL6/Centos6 only, not for RHEL7/Centos7 or any Fedora
> > versions,
> > at least this.
> >

> Indeed but fortunately EL6 has many years ahead of it yet.
>
> > Regarding to Samba4 with MIT in 4.2/4.3 - as I know, 4.2 still is
> > not
> > even in rc, thus final release can be perhaps at the turn of the
> > year.
>
> The rc is due Sep 15th last I heard.
>
> > And when time between releases is approx. 9 month, then we can wait
> > around
> > for year...
> > I'll keep my fingers crossed, that it happen in 4.2
>
> Andrew Bartlett has expressed an opinion on the samba technical list
> that he'd be in favour of a very short 4.2 cycle if it means getting
> these sort of updates out.

There is some news for this tread?

Samba 4.3 is out:
https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.3.0.html

and into Fedora Development there's already new package:
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/x86_64/os/Packages/s/

But the "samba-ad" package still missing.

Someone have more info?

Many thanks

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 22 con Gnome 3.16)