[CentOS] semi-OT: help needed w/ bareos

Thu Sep 3 14:30:24 UTC 2015

On Thu, September 3, 2015 6:56 am, mark wrote:
> On 09/02/15 21:27, Leon Fauster wrote:
>> Am 02.09.2015 um 22:18 schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
>>> I've got it installed on a 6.7 server, and can back up and restore for
>>> Linux. Now I'm trying to do it for some users' WinDoze boxes. Trouble
>>> is,
>>> all I keep finding on the Web are "how to set it up on Linux", "how to
>>> install on Windoze", and how to restore....
>>>
>>> First question: how do you *see* a list of the files that have been
>>> backed
>>> up (you're not going to tell me that's a postgresql thing, are you?)?
>>
>> # bconsole
>> * list files jobid=xxxx
>>
> Great - thanks (I'll try it when I get into work).
>>
>>> Second: I've been looking, and am having trouble finding examples of
>>> configuring the bareos-dir for a win client. I *think* I did it right,
>>> but
>>> I get warnings. For the fileset, I have
>>> FileSet {
>>>   Name = "<winclientname>set"
>>>   Include {
>>>     Options {
>>>       Signature = MD5 # calculate md5 checksum per file
>>>     }
>>>     File = "c:\Users"
>>>   }
>>> }
>>>
>>> But the logs *seem* to be saying it only copied one file.
>>
> Any clues as to whether I've got the FileSet correct - say, is the slash
> correct, or should it be a Linux forward slash, rather than a WinDoze
> backslash?

I can not help with bareos, I use bacula, but assuming bareos kept the
same definitions, then it is forward slash (Unix or Linux style ;-). Here
is a portion of my config for Windows 7 client (Server is FreeBSD 9.3,
bacula  version is 5.2.12):

FileSet {
  Name = "Ping Set"
  Enable VSS = yes
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
    Options {
      exclude = yes
      Ignore Case = yes
      wilddir = "C:/Temp"
      wilddir = "C:/Windows/Temp*"
      wilddir = "*Temporary Internet Files*"
    }

    File = C:/
  }

}

Don't try to make sense of the word "Ping" - that is just funny machine
name ;-)

Good luck!

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev