[CentOS] BackupPC is not easy to setup

Sun Sep 13 13:56:52 UTC 2015
Ulf Volmer <u.volmer at u-v.de>

On 09/13/2015 01:35 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I have a couple of questions that this raises.
>
> 1. Why exactly does backuppc want to ssh to root?

To enable access to all of the files on the client.

It is also possible to run the backup running the rsyncd- daemon on the
client.

> Is this just a way of running BackupPC as root?

Why do you want this? It's not required to run backuppc as user root.

> 2. The graphical interface seems to be treated as an extra,
> but what other way is there of accessing BackupPC?
> Is there a CLI approach?

There are some CLI applications available, BackupPC_tarCreate for
example to restore file from the command line.

regards
Ulf