[CentOS] centos 7 on older macbook pro

Mon Sep 14 03:18:18 UTC 2015
David Nelson <david at davidnelson.net>

This doesn't really help with your problem, but to address the specific question below:

I run CentOS 7, and previously 6, on a Mac Pro (MacPro4,1). My experience has been good. I haven't bothered running anything to read hfs volumes as I'm not dual-booting it. I have a separate MacBook Pro machine for my OS X needs.

We run mostly CentOS for servers, but on the desktop side of things we are fairly Mac heavy. I wanted something decent to run a CentOS desktop and this hardware was available at the time.