[CentOS] BackupPC is not easy to setup

Fri Sep 18 12:39:51 UTC 2015
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Bowie Bailey wrote:

> On 9/13/2015 10:58 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>>
>> I take it then that there is no CLI method
>> of setting up and running BackupPC ?
>
> Sure there is.  All of the configuration is stored in text config
> files.  There is a main config file for global options and each host has
> a config file in it's own directory.

Yes, it was pointed out to me that there are instructions in
<http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html>
in Step-7:-Talking-to-BackupPC.
I note that these instructions end by advising the user not to follow them,
but to set up the GUI method.

Incidentally, I've been running BackupPC on my CentOS-7 server
for about a week now, and I notice that no config file is created
in /var/lib/BackupPC/pc/helen, where helen is the host-name.
It seems the GUI method stores the config file somewhere else.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net