[CentOS] OT: closing a port on home router

Wed Sep 23 04:52:42 UTC 2015
Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com>

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 4:46 AM, Fred Smith
<fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm wanting to close port 22 (ssh) on my home router, and I don't see any
> facilities in its GUI for doing that.

man sshd_config; this option is perhaps your solution "ListenAddress."
 So explicitly mention your LAN port(s).

<quote>
ListenAddress
             Specifies the local addresses sshd(8) should listen on.
The following forms may be used:

                   ListenAddress host|IPv4_addr|IPv6_addr
                   ListenAddress host|IPv4_addr:port
                   ListenAddress [host|IPv6_addr]:port

             If port is not specified, sshd will listen on the address
and all prior Port options specified.  The
             default is to listen on all local addresses.  Multiple
ListenAddress options are permitted.  Addition-
             ally, any Port options must precede this option for
non-port qualified addresses.
</quote>

HTH
-- Arun Khan