[CentOS] CentOS 6 - Support for CanoScan LiDE 210

Wed Sep 30 06:30:26 UTC 2015
Meikel <meikel at fn.de>

Am 26.09.2015 um 14:22 schrieb Akemi Yagi:
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 3:08 AM, Meikel <meikel at fn.de> wrote:
>
>> scanner by a CanoScan LiDE 210.
>> Installed Packages
>> Name        : sane-backends
>> Arch        : x86_64
>> Version     : 1.0.21
>
>> I have no idea what I can do now. It is not clear to me if sane-backends
>> package really includes the required genesys 1.0-63 version.
> You need sane-backends 1.0.22 or later to have genesys 1.0-63.
>
> There are a few ways to install a newer version of sane-backends on
> EL6. One is to rebuild a src.rpm from Fedora. The other is to use the
> linuxtech-backports repo [1]. I have even built it from a tarball but
> this should not be necessary.

As I have only very basic skills with yum command I had  problems with
the same packages (i.e. sane-backends, sane-backends-libs,
sane-backends-libs-gphoto) available in two repos. Then I ended in using
yum to remove everything concerning xsane/sane (including hp sane
packages), then downloading from linuxtech and running "rpm -U ..." and
then with yum I again installed xsane.

Now I'm able to see the CanoScan LiDE 210 in xsane and it seems to work,
at least I'm able to scan single page into a PDF file.

And the command line says

# LANG="" yum info sane-backends
Installed Packages
Name        : sane-backends
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 1.0.22
Release     : 3.1.el6
Size        : 4.5 M
Repo        : installed

# scanimage -L
device `genesys:libusb:003:005' is a Canon LiDE 210 flatbed scanner