[CentOS] sendmail config finding wrong relay

Wed Sep 30 21:24:34 UTC 2015
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am 30.09.2015 um 22:18 schrieb Laurent Blume:
> Le 2015/09/30 17:32 +0200, Jerry Geis a écrit:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I set my sendmail.mc file to have a SMART_HOST entry of mail.xyz.com
>> I do "make" and "service sendmail restart" ... I should be good, but
>> no. :)
>
> As explained by others, SMART_HOST is used for domains for which it has
> no information (basically, it can't find an MX or resolve the name).
> If you want to relay all mail, you need to also add MAIL_HUB.

Sorry, that's not correct what you say about SMART_HOST.

define(`SMART_HOST', `host.domain.tld')dnl

is the right way to tell Sendmail to relay (the relay mailer is used
implicitly) all outbound mail to that specified host.

But it is important to pay attention for the order of statements in the
sendmail.mc configuration files, as one of the first chapters of the
cf/README explains.

> Laurent

Alexander