[CentOS] CentOS 7 in HP Blade BL620c Gen 7

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Fri Apr 1 07:54:56 UTC 2016

On 03/29/2016 05:51 AM, ☼ Francis wrote:
> Anyone running CentOS 7 here in HP Blade BL620c Gen 7 when I use the live
> DVD the network card can detect and I can use without issue however when I
> install the CentOS 7 with Server GUI. The network card can no longer
> detect. I tried to google the driver for this hardware machine but No luck.

The liveCD might be using a newer kernel and your install DVD may have
on older one without the correct driver.

What is the kernel when you complete the install?

Use the command:

uname -r

The current latest kernel in an installer is:  3.10.0-327.10.1.el7

If yours is older than that, maybe try a newer spin of the install DVD
.. or install a kernel upgrade from the latest DVD.

You can download the current latest install DVD here:

http://buildlogs.centos.org/rolling/7/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1603-01.iso

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes