[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Notice of Service Outage and followup LON1/UK Facility

Always Learning

centos at u64.u22.net
Sat Apr 2 16:07:41 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-03-30 at 11:25 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On Wednesday February 24th, at  6pm UTC time, the DC hosting some of
> the CentOS equipments used for various roles had suffered from
> multiple electricity power outages. The facility was completely dark
> for just under 2 hrs, and we were able to start recovering services by
> 8pm UTC. By midnight we had most services restored, by 2:00AM UTC Feb
> 25th we had all services restored.

No emergency diesel generators ?

I live in an area, having an unpublicised nationally strategic telecoms
hub, with 9+ discrete data centres within 1.5 km of a power station
(linked by dedicated underground cable to another power station) yet
each data centre has at least one diesel generator.

Resilience seems to be their motto.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.