[CentOS] EPEL - Clamav update?

Ireneusz Piasecki irekpias at op.pl
Sun Apr 3 21:10:23 UTC 2016

W dniu 03.04.2016 o 04:39, Rob Kampen pisze:
> EPEL maintainers?
> I note messages in the log about updated version 0.99.1 of CLAMAV
> being available since Mar 5th.
> for CentOS 6 no update is available yet.
> I used to use rpmforge for this package but that languished for months
> before updates became available and eventually stopped altogether.
> Is there something I can do to assist in getting this package updated?
> I have no idea if this is a difficult package to compile with lots of
> dependancies or some otherwise complexities.
> In this era of constant SPAM and so many virus / trojan attempts to do
> harm to others, it is vital that we run this package to protect our
> users.
> Please let me know if / how I can assist.
> Kind regards
> Rob
Hi,

Does clamav detect anything in this floding e-mail viruses ? My clamav
instalation (with amavisd-new) in centos 5 with the current signatures
detect nothing in compare to virustotal.org antivirus - i noticed that
clamav signatures are lag behind form the top antivir in the market.

Viruses in ZIP archives goes via my e-mail gateway (amavisd-new+clamavd)
and are stopped finally by F-Secure Client Security. So, clamav is
defend from anything ?

Sorry for off topic.