[CentOS] VPN suggestions centos 6, 7

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Tue Apr 5 15:52:12 UTC 2016

How is IPSec "not recommended solution nowdays"?

I tend to use IPSec for site-to-site connections i.e. the ones that run
24/7 and only require two experienced people to set up (the admins at
both endpoints).
For host-to-site setups I prefer OpenVPN since explaining to endusers
how to set up an ipsec connection is neigh impossible whereas with
OpenVPN I can simply tell them to install the software and then unzip an
archive into a directory and they are done.

Regards,
  Dennis