[CentOS] Free Redhat Linux (rhel) version 7.2

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 12 19:29:32 UTC 2016

On Tue, April 12, 2016 1:43 pm, Always Learning wrote:

<snip>

> I refuse to do anything at all on a Microsoft machine. I feel ill when I
> see the M$ screens and remember the countless months of my life
> frustratingly wasted trying to get M$ crap to work.   Centos is true
> liberation and how computer operating systems should be.

UNIX BSD free derivatives could have been too. Didn't become as widely
popular as Linux though ;-)

> I would like the EU to ban the monopoly of M$ on all laptops sold in the
> EU. Instead of paying the M$ tax, users should have a choice of
> operating systems.

In US you can buy some laptops without MS Windows OS (read: with Linux,
most likely Ubuntu) from some small manufacturers... I believe, one could
do that in Europe too. I remember, some researches visited us here with
laptops they got in Europe with Linux OS - again, from small companies.

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago