[CentOS] mount bind problem

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Wed Apr 13 14:32:02 UTC 2016

On 04/13/2016 12:02 AM, 望月忠雄 wrote:
> In /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit,
> there's "mount -a -n -t nonfs,nfs4,smbfs,ncpfs,cifs,gfs,gfs2i,glusterfs -O
> no_netdev".
>

> I have other same type servers. And on other servers with same /etc/fstsb,
> file system is correct.
> There's no difference between normal server's rc.sysinit and this problem
> server's rc.sysinit too.

It's not apparent how /dev/vdb (the whole filesystem) came to be mounted
on both /mnt/extradiskA and /home.  Let's see the output
from "lsblk" and "mount".  Did you look in /mnt/extradiskA/home
and verify that just the expected user directories are there
(no "/mnt/extradiskA/home/home")?

It might also be worthwhile to verify that the mount point
directory /mnt/extradiskA in the root filesystem is empty.  If
there happens to be a /mnt/extradiskA/home directory present
before /dev/vdb gets mounted, that could allow the mounts to
be performed out of order, though I don't really see how that
could lead the to result you have.

     mkdir /tmp/tmproot
     mount --bind / /tmp/tmproot
     ls -a /tmp/tmproot/mnt/extradiskA