[CentOS] Badlock bad luck

Bob Smith bobsmith at dbata.com
Wed Apr 13 22:05:38 UTC 2016

I had exactly the same problem. Your workaround fixed me too.

With the new samba packages my samba\logs are full of errors.

If I temporarily disconnected the PC client NIC cable, and
logged into the domain using cached credentials, then I could
get past the problem. But, you helped me greatly with this
posting. I wasted hours checking Windows updates - useless.

We still need the new configuration settings for our conf file
to workaround this problem.

Bob Smith

bobsmith at dbata dot com

*> >* Hello,
*> >* I run a CentOS 6 machine with samba, serving approx. 150 Windows
users with samba running as an NT-like PDC.
*> >* After today's samba update (samba-3.6.23-30.el6_7.x86_64 etc.),
nobody can log in.
*> >* They all get the "Trust relationship failed" error message.
*> >* If I downgrade:
*> >* yum downgrade samba-common samba-winbind samba-winbind-clients
samba-client samba samba-doc samba-domainjoin-gui libsmbclient
*> >* - the problem goes away.
*> >* What am I missing?
*> >* Mogens
*> >* --