[CentOS] Freeradius, openldap and TLS (thread breaking)

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Fri Apr 15 19:43:48 UTC 2016

Thanks for your reply re. TLS

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016, Patrick Laimbock wrote:

> It's unclear what you mean. I saw a new message on the ML and responded to
> it. Where did this 'threading breaking' take place?

My mistake; apologies to to other list members.

I had replied to an existing message, to grab the list address with a
minimum number of keystrokes.

I had forgotten that my mailer would automatically include the
Message-ID header in hidden In-Reply-To: and References: mail headers.
Mailman (used by the CentOS list archives) creates message threads first
by In-Reply-To and then by Subject headers. This caused my message to be
grouped with the existing messages about "mount bind problem" in
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2016-April/thread.html

(per e.g. https://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg62609.html)

The mail client Thunderbird appears to use a different algorithm; in
that, I see your message (this one I'm replying to) in the original
"mount bind" thread, while in the archive I see it in a separate thread.

Andrew