[CentOS] Suddenly increased my hard disk

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 02:16:27 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 6:23 PM, Robert Nichols
<rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net> wrote:
> lsof will show the sizes of the deleted files.
>
>      lsof | grep deleted | sort -k7n

That's a reasonable G.D. answer.

The only problem is that on my system, the default output includes a
TID column that is present in only some of the lines, so the size
column is 8 for many lines and 7 for the others, so sort doesn't work
as expected unless you change lsof's output.

And you probably should "grep ' (deleted)$' unless you want to see
files like /home/gordon/.thunderbird/xxxxxxx.default/calendar-data/deleted.sqlite.

Still, I guess I learned one thing.