[CentOS] Google Chrome and CentOS 6?

Leon Fauster leonfauster at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 19 13:20:35 UTC 2016

Am 19.04.2016 um 14:03 schrieb "Phelps, Matthew" <mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu>:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
>
>> It is indeed not completely open source.  I was told that the agreement
>> between Red Hat and Google only allows the RPMs for RHEL to be released
>> to subscribers on the supplemental channel.
>>
>> Sorry, but I can't release it.
>>

> That was my understanding, that we have a "political" (really legal) issue,
> not a technical issue. I hope Karanbir can re-visit this with RedHat.
>
> Does anyone have a cookbook for building chromium under CentOS 6?

as a starting point:

http://install.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/yum/itecs/public/obsolete/rhel6/SRPMS/
http://install.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/yum/itecs/public/chromium-dev/rhel6/SRPMS/

(chromium-50: http://install.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/yum/itecs/public/chromium/fedora24/x86_64/)

Somewhere there is a "readme" file or maybe in the spec file (can't remember)
with explanations about the build environment (SCL dev and lib packages etc.) ...

--
LF