[CentOS] FirewallD issue

Marcin Trendota moonwolf.rh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 20:33:15 UTC 2016

On Thursday 21 of April 2016 9:08:09 AM Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 04/21/2016 03:11 AM, Marcin Trendota wrote:
> > But from host in another location (connected through VPN):
> What host serves the VPN?  If it's another host, how is that host
> connected to the router?  If it's "chamber," what type of VPN is it?

It's OpenVPN on chamber.

I've just noticed that it's similiar from home to the other location.
To clear things: 10.0.49.0/26 it's my home network
10.0.32.0/22 is one of VLANs in work ("the other location").

>From chamber:

[root at chamber ~]# nmap 10.0.32.7

Starting Nmap 6.40 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2016-04-21 22:12 CEST
Nmap scan report for 10.0.32.7
Host is up (0.053s latency).
Not shown: 988 closed ports
PORT     STATE SERVICE
21/tcp   open  ftp
25/tcp   open  smtp
80/tcp   open  http
110/tcp  open  pop3
111/tcp  open  rpcbind
143/tcp  open  imap
389/tcp  open  ldap
443/tcp  open  https
993/tcp  open  imaps
995/tcp  open  pop3s
2049/tcp open  nfs
5666/tcp open  nrpe

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.97 seconds

>From other host in home network:

[moonwolf at kazad ~]$ nmap 10.0.32.7

Starting Nmap 7.12 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2016-04-21 22:12 CEST
Note: Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping probes,
try -Pn
Nmap done: 1 IP address (0 hosts up) scanned in 0.03 seconds

When i move enp1s0 (external interface) to "home" zone, everything works
fine.

My observations:

* When enp1s0 and tun0 (VPN interface) are both in "external" zone i'm
able to scan ports of work's network from home.
But not the opposite:
[root at palpatine ~]# nmap 10.0.49.16

Starting Nmap 5.51 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2016-04-21 22:26 CEST
Nmap scan report for 10.0.49.16
Host is up (0.039s latency).
All 1000 scanned ports on 10.0.49.16 are filtered

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 9.60 seconds

* When enp1s0 is in "external" zone (as only interface), and tun0 is in
"home" zone i can't scan ports in home nor work.

* When all interfaces are in "home" zone i can scan ports everywhere.

It's a bit chaotic, i know. Sorry about that.

--
Over And Out
MoonWolf